In order to be environmentally friendly, many homes nowadays have simple decoration styles and are often used to decorate with some fabric accessories. According to the person in charge of a large furniture plaza, fabric furniture has become the first choice for new homes, and the matching fabric accessories are gradually becoming popular. For example, snow-embroidered fabric beds, soft fabric sofas, and floor-standing lace curtains. According to experts, furniture and accessories in the later stages of decoration, such as curtains, sofas and fabric beds, may bring health risks.
Experts pointed out that many household fabrics are made of chemical synthetic fiber fabrics. The raw materials are coal, oil, natural gas, etc. These materials are poor in moisture absorption, airtight, and release some harmful gases such as formaldehyde. Everyone may know that wood-based panels, laminate flooring or furniture used in home decoration can release formaldehyde gas, but few people know that curtains can also release formaldehyde, causing indoor environmental pollution.
Why is this? In the process of textile production, in order to improve the wrinkle resistance of the fabric, improve the waterproof performance and pressure resistance of the textile, and improve the color fastness and improve the fireproof performance, some common additives such as artificial resin are usually added to the fabric. In the process of textile printing and finishing, it is necessary to add various dyes, auxiliaries and finishing agents, and the resin contained therein contains formaldehyde. These formaldehyde-containing resins will remain after finishing. In general, textiles with finishes and coatings have a high formaldehyde content. When the textile is exposed to the air for a long time, due to the volatility of formaldehyde, it will be continuously released and pollute the indoor environment.
The use of such fabrics for curtains can easily cause air circulation. If it is not cleaned for three or five years, it will be more conducive to the growth of mold and mites. Experts suggest that the material of the curtain should be cotton as much as possible. Burlap material, if it is not aesthetically pleasing to the chemical fiber fabric, also pay attention to the amount of control and often clean to prevent bacterial growth.
The reason why curtains can release formaldehyde has been analyzed above. So what should you pay attention to when purchasing curtains to effectively avoid the harm of formaldehyde?
1. Pay attention to the presence of odor when purchasing curtain fabrics. If the product emits a pungent odor, there may be residual formaldehyde. It is best not to buy it.
2. When selecting colors, it is advisable to purchase light colors, so the risk of formaldehyde and dyeing fastness is lower.
3. The curtains purchased should be thoroughly soaked and washed in clean water to reduce the formaldehyde content remaining on the fabric. After washing, it is best to dry the curtains in an outdoor ventilated place and then use them.
Curtains can be divided into many types. Below we introduce the scientific cleaning methods one by one:
1. For some curtains made of ordinary fabrics, they can be wiped with a damp cloth or cleaned in clean water or washing machine according to conventional methods.
2. When the curtain made of velvet is dirty, first immerse the curtain in the medium alkaline cleaning solution, gently press it by hand, wash it and put it on the inclined shelf, so that the water will dry automatically, it will make the curtain clean as new. It is.
3. Soft blinds are a kind of curtains that are used more in the home. When cleaning, first close the window, spray a proper amount of water or polishing agent on it, and then dry it with a rag, so that the curtains can be kept longer. The time is clean and bright; the drawstring of the curtain can be gently wiped with a soft bristle brush. If the curtains are dirty, use a rag to wash some warm water-soluble detergent, or use a little ammonia solution.
4. Canvas made of canvas or hemp is not easy to dry after cleaning. Therefore, it is not suitable to wash directly into the water. It is better to use a sponge to mix some warm water or soap solution or ammonia solution to smear. After drying, roll it up.
5. When cleaning the roller blinds, first pull down the dirty roller curtains, flatten them, and wipe them with a cloth. The center of the roller is usually empty. You can use a long stick and one end with the fluff to extend and keep turning. Remove dust.
6. Curtains made of electrostatic flocking are not too dirty and do not need to be cleaned frequently. However, if cleaning, be careful not to wash it in the water or wash it. Just use cotton gauze and rub it with alcohol or gasoline. If the flannel is too wet, do not twist it tightly to avoid the neck hair being removed. Affect the appearance. The correct method of cleaning should be to use both hands to remove moisture or let it dry naturally, so that the original appearance of flocking can be maintained.
7. Austrian flower curtain is a fashionable and trendy curtain. When cleaning, use a clothes vacuum cleaner to suck out the dust first, then gently sweep it with a soft feather brush.
◎ The size measured by yourself is not necessarily accurate. First understand the washing method and shrinkage rate, and properly enlarge the size.
◎The curtain fabrics currently on the market have certain problems in terms of labeling, dyeing, and dimensional changes after washing. Consumers should pay attention to the purchase.
◎ Do not buy curtains that are too low in price, because some cheap curtains are flammable in fire, and good quality curtains generally have fireproof properties, so the safety of family members is guaranteed.